Are you going into the ninth grade? Would you like to begin the process of Confirmation? Be sure to explore our website with a great deal of information.
We believe that we are in partnership with the families in the confirmation preparation. Our mission is to help in the formation of the young church. Together with their families the young church will be involved in worship, taking servant leadership in liturgical ministries. The young church and their families will go to catechetical sessions together six times each year. Teens will reflect on their experiences of service to God’s people. Part of our mission is to have reflection time in the form of retreats. Together let us build a strong and meaningful church for our teens and their families. At the sacrament of Confirmation we will celebrate what is–teens who are committed disciples of Jesus Christ. We will have family informational sessions in late August for the candidates who will be going into 9th grade (or older) in September 2019.
- Attend a family information session
- In late August
- Attend 12 sessions throughout the 2 years
- Attend 2 retreats (one each year)
- Be involved in a liturgical ministry throughout the 2 years
- Attend the 4 rites and rituals throughout the 2 years
- Attend 4 Youth Ministry activities throughout the 2 years (at least two each year)
- Complete a service project reflection by the end of the second year.