CrossWalk Ministry is a dynamic service-based youth ministry program designed
for all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade youth.
Students meet once a month to discuss how they may reach out to the needy among us and perform the corporal and spiritual works of mercy by participating in service projects.
Come Walk with Us!
Zoom meetings will be 5:15 -6:15pm on Sundays
January 10; March 7, April 11
November-December Service Project
We have decide to write to the elderly this month. Please parents could you drop off the letters or mail the letters to the Church by December 14. (Note for Sally Cunningham)
These are good examples of what they like to receive:
Here are some of the guidelines: NO Glitter, not illegible, or too short.
1. Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten. No worries if you’re not artistic– make your card as what you’d like to receive.
2. Avoid religion, if possible. Your letter should resonate with anyone.
3. Exclude the date (day, month, and year).
4. Embrace creativity! Recipients love it when the letters are personal. We encourage you to make your letters colorful and fun– photos, crosswords, and drawings are great!
5. Be kind & thoughtful. This is a one-way letter exchange, so you will not receive a letter back. Receiving nothing in return is part of the beauty of your act of kindness, and recipients aren’t burdened by feeling obligated or unable to respond.
6. Envelope your letters if you can! It’s so much nicer to receive an enveloped card. If you’re sending more than 1 letter, leave your enveloped letters unsealed and unstamped and send them in a larger envelope or box. I will forward all the letters in a large envelope.
Other Service Projects we are considering:
- Writing to the Military
- Making either scarves or hats: No pattern just no wider than 4-6″ and no longer than 48-50″. Should use size 4 medium worsted yarn in muted colors
- Blank cards for the military to use for their own personal use
- Cool Ties for the Military
- Operation Blankets of Love: Help pets of the homeless
- Letters for our elders: Write a letter:)
- Helping our parish with what they need to help those in Haiti.