There are six formation sessions each year of the Confirmation preparation process. Each session is from 3:45-5:15 pm on Sundays or Tuesdays in the Holy Family Eden Center (teens) and St. Joseph Center (adults). Families are then invited to attend the 5:30 pm Mass afterwards.
Parents and/or Sponsors will select at least 4 of the 6 adult session to attend. Please start at the Eden Center to share in community time and opening prayer before heading to the St. Joseph for your adult session. You will be asked to share a reflection with your teen at the end of each session.
Other Important Year 2 Dates & Reminders
Please be sure to continue your Liturgical Ministry, which is a required part of the Confirmation prep process!
- 10/3/21 (tentative) – Commitment to the Journey Ritual, Holy Family 5:30 pm Mass, Please invite your Sponsor! – During the Commitment to the Journey, which marks the half way point of the preparation process, the community is invited to continue to shower the young church with blessings. The candidates are asked to persevere in their journey to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation. The sponsors, once again, pledge their support with their words and actions.
- 12/2021 – Adopt-A-Family, gifts due
- 1/8 & 1/9/22 – Depth of God’s Love Retreat, Location: Mater Dolorosa Retreat Center, Sierra Madre
- 1/30/22 (tentative) – Ritual of Affirmation, Holy Family 5:30 pm Mass, Please invite your Sponsor! – The Ritual of Affirmation–for both Candidate and their Sponsor–reminds them and the community to reflect on their lives and strive to perfect their lives as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- 4/22-24 – Parent Teen Retreat, Mater Dolorosa (Sierra Madre)
- Spring 2022, Dates TBD
- Sunday before Confirmation – Family Reconciliation Service, Holy Family Church
- Tuesday before Confirmation – Confirmation Day Rehearsal, Holy Family Church
- CONFIRMATION DAY!
- Summer 2022, Dates TBD – Teen Mission Trip (domestic)